Organising a press event? Not sure where to start? We’ve given you a head start with our ultimate event PR checklist to help you organise the perfect press event.
Prior to event
- Determine event budget, goals and objectives
- Choose a location, date and time
- Develop event master plan with an itinerary for the event
- Build the guest list
- Invite event guests – give as much notice as possible, aim for 6 weeks
- Produce media kit
- Arrange photographer/videographer and brief them
- Produce internal briefing document and brief your team
- Ensure media kit is ready for the event, either physically or on USBs
- Brief the client on the event
- Keep the itinerary to hand and try to keep to the plan and your timings!
- Greet the journalists, introduce their point of contact and ensure they are getting what they need and are well looked after
- Oversee the photographer/videographer to ensure good content is available to share with press
After the event
- Follow up with the journalists to thank them for attending, provide them with images and check they have all the information they need
- Share event photos and publicity through your own channels
- Analyse what worked versus where improvements can be made
- Debrief with the client and feedback on what an awesome success it was!
If you are planning a press event, make sure you check out these blogs:
- 6 top tips for running a successful press event
- 8 PR ideas for promoting your upcoming event
- The ADPR guide to PR event best practice
- How to get media coverage of your event
If you would like some assistance in making it a success, drop us a message about your event and let’s have a chat about how we can help.