Sign up to our weekly newsletter
Marketing tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox, plus our latest news.
Free PR resources
A collection of free and exclusive downloadable resources to help your PR.
Somerset based communications agency, ADPR, is offering completely free careers advice and support for anyone considering a role in PR & Marketing and has been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
With many businesses facing difficult decisions about the future of their current work force, thousands are facing unemployment in a saturated jobs market. Those between the ages of 16 -29 are paying a particularly high price with 55% of young people believing their options for the future have been significantly limited by the crisis. Then there are those who have had their job security pulled from underneath them at a time when a large majority of companies have a freeze on recruitment, causing significant damage to people’s confidence and anxiety levels. The stats make for grim reading:
- There are currently 1.5 million people unemployed in the UK with figures expected to rise.
- 156,000 fewer 16-24 year olds are employed compared to three months ago.
- Analysis from Citibank suggests the unemployment rate could hit 8.5% in the first half of 2021 – a level not seen since the early 1990s.
Kate O’Sullivan, owner of ADPR, comments, “We’re bombarded with shocking statistics on a daily basis, but it’s important to remember that behind the numbers are individual people. Like many others, ADPR has been impacted by the economic consequences of the pandemic, but we have managed to weather the storm this far and there isn’t a day that goes by where we don’t feel incredibly fortunate to still be standing and fighting on. Whilst we aren’t currently able to recruit, we believe that businesses have a hugely important role to play in supporting those who have found themselves in crisis as a result of the current situation. We have been inundated with people contacting us in search of job roles and work experience and it’s been heart-breaking to hear stories of those applying for hundreds of roles without receiving so much as a single reply. Put simply, we want to help!”
Here’s how ADPR’s free careers support works:
- Nobody is exempt. If you have an interest in communications, then ADPR is happy to chat!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Career support chat’ and ADPR will arrange a 30 minute Zoom appointment with a member of the team.
- It’s all about you! Come armed with questions or let ADPR know in advance what you’d like to discuss.
- Limited work experience placements will be made available where possible.