Sign up to our weekly newsletter
Marketing tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox, plus our latest news.
Free PR resources
A collection of free and exclusive downloadable resources to help your PR.
Polar extends wearable sports watch family by introducing the new Polar Grit X Pro, plus design and feature updates to the Polar Vantage V2 and Polar Unite, giving sports enthusiasts the tools, they need to go wherever their heart takes them…
KEMPELE, FINLAND, 6 October 2021 – Polar Electro, the world leader in wearable sports and heart rate technology, today launches the latest additions to their Grit X, Vantage and Unite families: Polar Grit X Pro and Polar Grit X Pro Titan, the newly updated Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition, a new red colorway for the Polar Vantage V2. This follows last month’s updates to the Polar Unite. https://www.polar.com/uk-en/unite
This simultaneous launch across three different product categories highlights the brand’s commitment to addressing athletes changing relationship with exercise and the outdoors as we move to live with, rather than under Covid-19. Through Polar products and services, the brand is committed to encourage athletes to pursue true adventure after research revealed that exploring different spaces and doing a variety of sports brings significant health benefits. The research, analysed by looking at the habits of over 10,000 athletes shows:
- The top 20% of users in 2021 who explored new spaces during exercise recorded several benefits when compared to those who were most likely to stick to familiar routes:
- Sleep quality was rated 13% higher
- 16% more steps were taken daily
- A slightly lower heart rate was recorded on average during running exercises
- That said, the number of individuals exploring new spaces decreased in 2021 when compared to 2019 as more people exercise in the same location.
- In 2021, those who trialled various types of sport recorded a slightly lower resting heart rate and elevated maximal aerobic power compared to those who repeatedly played the same sports.
- Despite these benefits, there was an average decline of 17.4% in the uptake of different sports between 2019 – 2021.
“What we’ve found through our own data, is that people’s desire to learn about or discover new places and sporting experiences is in decline. Yet, what many don’t realize, is that going on adventures and trying different sports can have significant health benefits. Those who explored new spaces alone, recorded better sleep and a slightly lower heart rate compared to those who stick to familiar routes,” says Sander Werring, CEO of Polar Electro.
“At Polar, we’re committed to guide athletes across the spectrum – from first timers to the best of the best – towards a heathier life, by providing the tools and information needed to get the most out of their daily routine. Our latest product news delivers just that – a range of devices and features to help more people then ever before spark their true spirit of adventure,” he added.
Each Polar product is tailored to empower athletes to seek out new peaks – whether in sport, outdoor experiences, or their day-to-day life. Reliability is at the heart of each device, making them suitable for even the most intrepid adventurer. This coupled with beautiful Nordic designs means the devices can rise to any occasion, whether it’s a trek to the park or an exploration of the vast outdoors.
Polar Grit X Pro – Go Wherever Your Heart Takes You
Polar Grit X Pro Nordic Copper Polar Grit X Pro Black DLC Polar Grit X Pro Arctic Gold Polar Grit X Pro Titan
The Polar Grit X Pro is the next step in Polar’s journey to encourage people to explore the world around them. As a premium outdoor multi-sport watch, the Polar Grit X Pro has military-grade durability, ultra-long battery life and extensive training, recovery, sleep and navigation features designed to help outdoor enthusiasts handle nearly any environment. Features include:
- STYLE – A premium, military-grade design with scratch-resistant Sapphire glass lens and a flexible, durable FKM wristband.
- MILITARY-GRADE DURABILITY– Designed for heavy-duty use and tested against military standards (MIL-STD-810G), water-resistant up to 100 meters, and built to withstand temperatures of –20 degrees Celsius up to 50 degrees Celsius.
- ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE– Up to 40 hours training time with full GPS and HR tracking, and 100 hours of battery life using multiple power save options. Up to 7 days in watch mode with 24/7 tracking.
- OHR TRACKING & GPS ACCURACY – Track every heartbeat with Polar Precision Prime™ sensor fusion technology and know an exact location with built-in GPS and assisted-GPS for fast-fix times.
- NAVIGATION FEATURES– New route and elevation profiles, turn-by-turn guidance powered by Komoot, see every up and down of the journey through Hill Splitter™, and navigate back to start using the Track Back feature.
- ALWAYS-ON OUTDOOR DASHBOARDS– New navigation and daylight dashboards with a barometric-based altimeter, location coordinates, sunrise, sunset and twilight times and compass.
- FUEL & ENERGY INSIGHTS– Track energy usage and get smart fuel reminders during extra-long sessions using the FuelWise smart fueling assistant.
- TRAINING LOAD PRO & RECOVERY PRO– Insights to aid complete physical recovery before the next session, including automatically calculating cardio and muscle loads.
- SLEEP & RECOVERY DATA– Sleep Plus Stages™ and Nightly Recharge™ features to track sleep duration and quality, showing overnight recovery in one simple score.
- RUNNING POWER– Automatically measure power values from wrist during running sessions with the built-in GPS and barometer.
- COMPREHENSIVE TESTS –Multiple tests including Running and Cycling Performance tests, Leg Recovery Test and Orthostatic Test to check body conditions, calculate performance, track progress, and personalize running or cycling training zones.
- SPORTSWATCH ESSENTIALS– Wrist-based music controls, weather reports and push notifications.
Polar Grit X Pro
- Colourways: Nordic Copper, Black DLC and Arctic Gold
- Price: £439.00 via com and selective retailers.
Polar Grit X Pro Titan – Go Wherever Your Heart Takes You
To give athletes even more choice as they reap the benefits of the outdoors, Polar is extending the Grit X family further, with the new Polar Grit X Pro Titan. Designed for those who want all the features of the Polar Grit X Pro, but with an even lighter device (12% lighter case than Polar Grit X Pro), the Polar Grit X Pro Titan is for even heavier duty and adventurous use thanks to ultra-strength, aerospace titanium. It also comes with two wristbands: a premium, waterproof FKM band and a perforated leather band for those everyday moments.
Polar Grit X Pro Titan
- Price: £519.00 via com and selective retailers.
Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition and Vantage V2 Red – Win with Heart
Polar Vantage V2 SHIFT™ Edition Black Polar Vantage V2 SHIFT™ Edition Silver Polar Vantage V2 SHIFT™ Edition RED
Since last year’s launch of the Polar Vantage V2, Polar has been helping athletes reach their goals and improve performance thanks to data and personalised guidance based on the body’s signals. Now, Polar is expanding their offering with the Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition and a new colourway for the Polar Vantage V2 – Red.
- Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition: A running and multi-sport watch with a premium design in two options: SHIFTTM Silver and SHIFTTM It comes with both a perforated leather wristband and a functional FKM wristband, as well as the ability to swap them out with quick release bars so that the Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition can be easily optimized for different sports and occasions.
- Polar Vantage V2 Red with H10: The new bright colour option is also available in a set! With the option to pair the Polar Vantage V2 Red with the Polar H10 Heart Rate Sensor for improved heart rate monitoring.
The Polar Vantage V2 is also built to carry all the latest content from the Polar Grit X Pro via a software update.
The Polar Vantage V2 3.0 software update will include the following new features:
- OUTDOOR FEATURES – Always-on features including an altimeter; location coordinates, sunrise, sunset, twilight times and compass.
- NAVIGATION FEATURES– Plan out every up and down of a route using new route and elevation profiles and navigate back to start using the new Track Back feature.
- HR SENSOR MODE – Use Polar Vantage V2 as a heart rate sensor to view heart rate data via BLE on gym equipment or mobile apps.
In addition, existing Polar Vantage V2 owners can upgrade their device into their own Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition, using the SHIFTTM Edition bundle. This bundle includes the SHIFTTM Edition adapters and a choice of any 22mm Polar wrist band.
Polar Vantage V2 Red
- Price: £449.00 via com.
Polar Vantage V2 Red with H10
- Price: £489.00 via com
Polar Vantage V2 SHIFTTM Edition
- Colourways: Silver and Black
- Price: £489.00 via com – coming soon.
The SHIFTTM Edition Bundle
- Prices start from: £43.40 via com – coming soon.
Whatever you do, do it with heart – with Polar Unite
Polar Unite Teal Polar Unite Red
The popular Polar Unite has brand-new features and colours to assist even more athletes with their fitness journey. With sleep assistance, training guidance and features which help everyday athletes find balance, this sports watch is for those looking for the tools and motivation needed to revamp their fitness journey. Designed in an array of colours – now including Red and Teal – and weighing only 32 grams, it’s built for use across all kinds of indoor and outdoor sports, allowing users to customize their watch and seamlessly swap out wristbands to match their style.
The Polar Unite software update will include the following new features:
- WEEKLY SUMMARY – See weekly training stats to track progress.
- ENERGY SOURCES – Learn about energy sources and how they were consumed during each training session; broken down into carbs, proteins, and fats.
- HR SENSOR MODE – Connect Polar Unite to BLE compatible gym equipment or other training devices.
- Price: £134.50 via com
POLAR’S NEW GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP: WORLD HEART FEDERATION
As leader in the heart rate measurement technology, Polar teamed up with the World Heart Federation (WHF) to amplify the significance of heart health through physical activities and supporting their mission of providing every human being with the information, care and treatment people need to keep their heart healthy. In light of World Heart Day 2021 and the simultaneous arrival of the colourful new Polar Unite Fitness Tracker, Polar will be making a donation to the WHF’s Colours To Save Hearts initiative.
Colours To Save Hearts is an initiative aimed at raising awareness of rheumatic heart disease (RHD) among children, teachers, and parents in Mozambique, which has an estimated 3% disease incidence – one of the highest rates among school-aged children in sub-Saharan Africa. It is the first step towards celebrating a continued partnership and helping the causes the World Heart Federation represents for generations to come.