Sign up to our weekly newsletter
Marketing tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox, plus our latest news.
Free PR resources
A collection of free and exclusive downloadable resources to help your PR.
Awards! Every industry has them and there are a dazzling array to choose from. Entering is just one part of the process – if you are shortlisted, or even more excitingly, go on to win, here are ADPR’s top 6 tips to maximise your success.
- Share the news. Use the logos and award details the organiser’s share to celebrate your success on social media, your website, within your industry and even on your email signature.
- Celebrate with and thank loyal customers. Offer a special discount code in an e-shot or run a competition on social media to win the product that you’ve won the award for.
- Have a chat with the awards organisers and, if they are issuing news releases, offer to provide samples (if relevant) to send to key media outlets. Make sure you are clear about any packaging requirements, so your samples arrive looking beautiful!
- If there is an awards ceremony, go to it! Take plenty of pictures during the event to share on social media. You will have already let your followers know how excited you are to be there, and they will want to see you celebrating. Most events have specific hashtags, so research them in advance and get posting!
- Whatever happens, enjoy the moment. Awards ceremonies are also a great opportunity to network and meet new contacts who could open doors for the next stage of your business development.
- Share the news – again! Continue to share your success. Award logos can be used on marketing material and the organisers will have helpful guidelines – just make sure you download the high-resolution versions.
We love writing award winning entries for our clients, but if you want to write it yourself we’ve created a handy guide to help you. Or if podcasts are more your thing, check out Episode 7 of our Revitalise & Grow podcast, where we talk in depth on how to write a killer award entry the judges will fall in love with.