Sign up to our weekly newsletter
Marketing tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox, plus our latest news.
Free PR resources
A collection of free and exclusive downloadable resources to help your PR.
Organising a press event? Not sure where to start? We’ve given you a head start with our ultimate event PR checklist to help you organise the perfect press event.
Prior to event
- Determine event budget, goals and objectives
- Choose a location, date and time
- Develop event master plan with an itinerary for the event
- Build the guest list
- Invite event guests – give as much notice as possible, aim for 6 weeks
- Produce media kit
- Arrange photographer/videographer and brief them
- Produce internal briefing document and brief your team
- Ensure media kit is ready for the event, either physically or on USBs
- Brief the client on the event
- Keep the itinerary to hand and try to keep to the plan and your timings!
- Greet the journalists, introduce their point of contact and ensure they are getting what they need and are well looked after
- Oversee the photographer/videographer to ensure good content is available to share with press
After the event
- Follow up with the journalists to thank them for attending, provide them with images and check they have all the information they need
- Share event photos and publicity through your own channels
- Analyse what worked versus where improvements can be made
- Debrief with the client and feedback on what an awesome success it was!
If you are planning a press event, make sure you check out these blogs:
- 6 top tips for running a successful press event
- 8 PR ideas for promoting your upcoming event
- The ADPR guide to PR event best practice
- How to get media coverage of your event
If you would like some assistance in making it a success, drop us a message about your event and let’s have a chat about how we can help.
Your business survives because it’s providing a product or service that others either need or want, but how will anyone know how good your company is if you neglect to tell them about it? Don’t allow your competition to get ahead of the game and sign up to our Optimised Product Launch service. Whatever it is you’re planning to launch, you can leave it in our expert hands to reach the audience you want, accompanied with awesome content that will drive sales and position your company in the best possible way.
Let’s look at how good communication and basic planning will solve your problem and help you to convert your creation into actual sales. It’s a crowded marketplace and there will always be a lot of noise to cut through to get your product noticed, but it is far from impossible to achieve. Download our Checklist for a Successful Product Launch to help you understand everything you need to know about launching your new product!
For more on our events and campaigns, see ADPR’s guide to Event PR best practice.